[Tlhingan-hol] KLBC : Sentences as objects

Will Martin lojmitti7wi7nuv at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 08:24:05 PST 2015

There is no philosophy behind the omission of {‘e’} from Sentence As Object constructions using {neH}. It’s an exception to the rule. It does not indicate some deeper rule that hasn’t been discovered yet.

Basically, because of one of the famous subtitle screw-ups in one of the movies, an example with {neH} that SHOULD have had {‘e’} didn’t get it, so now, ALL use of {neH} doesn’t use {‘e’}. This is not true of any other verb.

So, to be clear, {neH} is an exception. Period. Do not derive any conclusion from this that relates to any other verb.

pItlh
lojmIt tI'wI'nuv