[Tlhingan-hol] Use Klingon!

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Sat Dec 12 11:39:31 PST 2015

On 12/12/2015 2:31 PM, mayql qunenoS wrote:
> jatlh SuStel :
>
>> Watch the order of verbs of quality.
>
> DaQIjlaH'a' ? jIyajbe'..
> can you explain this ? I can't understand..

You said {lo' qaq} for "the use is preferable." But that says
{preferable use}, a noun phrase. "The use is preferable" is {qaq lo'}.

> jIyepHa'qu'mo' jIQeHqu' ! qatlh jIghItlhtaHvIS jIyepHa' ?
> because I am very careless I am so angry ! why am I so careless
> while I'm writing ?

bIyepHa' bISeyqu'law'mo'.

> jIQagh jImoDmo' vImuS..
> I hate it,being mistaken because I am in a hurry..

I wouldn't necessarily object to this, but I don't think you realize
that it's not just one sentence.

    jIQagh jImoDmo'
    I make a mistake because I hurry

    vImuS
    I hate it

If you wanted to combine this, you'd need:

    jIQagh jImoDmo' 'e' vImuS
    I hate that I make a mistake because I hurry

http://www.trimboli.name/