[Tlhingan-hol] 2 nouns in apposition

De'vID de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 02:43:07 PST 2015

fata irae:
> mu'ghom vInejmo'Qo', mu'tlheghmey leghlaw'.  mu'taywIj mach.
> Because I refuse to look at a dictionary, the sentences are probably not
> right (right doubtfully).  My vocabulary is small.

{mu'ghomDaq jInejQo'mo', ghaytan lughbe' mu'tlheghmey. mach mu'tay'wIj.}

You're searching in a dictionary, not for a dictionary.

{Xmo' lughlaw' Y} would mean "Y seems to be right because of X", not
"I'm not sure Y is right because of X".

fata irae:
> jachugh'a''e' tlhlIngan Hol yIjatlh!
> Rant in klingon!

"As for discussions ({ja'chuq}), speak Klingon!"

I don't get the sense of "rant", which probably needs {QeH} to express.

fata irae:
> Dochvam Dochvetlh joj lughna'.  'englIS Hol jIjatlh:
> This thing, and/or that thing, is the point.  In english I say:

{lughna'} is not a word.

{DIvI' Hol} "Federation language" is what we call English.

I have no idea what you want to say.

fata irae:
> The block was blocked from blocking out the block by another block.

bIchech'a'?

fata irae:
> Dochvam 'oh'a'?  Dochvetlh 'oh'a'?
> Is it this thing?  Is it that thing?

{'oH}

fata irae:
> quS 'Ijchughmey, 'ach pIm mu'na'.
> Few sounds, but different meanings (true words).

{puS}? {wab}?

{'Ij} is a verb.

{mu'na'} does not mean "meaning", it does not mean "true word", it
means something that you're sure is a word.

fata irae:
> mu'mey pIm'a' "-pu"?
> Is "-pu" different words?

nuqjatlh?

{mu'mey} should be the subject of {pIm'a'}, I think, though I have no
idea what you want to say, or how {-pu'} is related to it.

fata irae:
> Are stop and/or past different?
> mevchugh ben joj pIm'a'?

Ditto, the things which are different should be the subject of the
verb. I don't understand {mevchugh} as a noun, though I think you have
confused {joq} and {joj}.

The conjunctions are easy to remember if you know that the noun ones
are the reverse of the verb ones. So {joj} can't be a conjunction.

fata irae:
> pImbe' Doch 'e' jIjatlh.
> nIbbe' 'oH, 'ach pImbe' 'oH.
> The thing is different, I say.  It is not the same, but it is not different.

Dap Dajatlh, jIjatlh.

fata irae:
> Yes, many of the words are placeholders (ngggg, mu'qoq 'oH'a'?), since I
> couldn't think of the mu'na', true word.  The big one was "know", and a
> couple if's I had to rephrase.  'ach vInejQo'.  Memory must serve, for now.

{lIw}

"know" is {Sov}