[Tlhingan-hol] questions about official KLI FAQ

Lieven levinius at gmx.de
Thu Dec 3 01:30:03 PST 2015

Am 03.12.2015 um 10:07 schrieb De'vID:
> This link came up in another thread:
>
> Is this official? If so, I suggest it should be hosted on the kli.org
> site. If it's only semi-official, it should state this.

Semi-official. I have imported the FAQ into my wiki with permission of
d'Armond Speers, since it contains interesting and useful information,
not only about the mailing list.

It is not mentioned to be official or not, but there is a note that it
has been mirrored from the "official" FAQ.

I will add a clear note that it is not the official FAQ.

What is "official" anyway? These are questions that are useful for
anyone. Nothing in there is KLI-related no is it wrong :-)

> Also, who maintains it?

Any user of the wiki can.

> It claims "This FAQ was compiled and is maintained by d'Armond Speers (Holtej)",

This needs to be changed indeed.

> to partially mirror the contents hosted on Holtej's own site:

Actually, it mirrors all of it, with few changes.

> And if the KlingonWiki one is more up to date,
> Holtej's site should redirect to it.

That is true, the Wiki is more up to date.

> If I were not a member of KLI, and I found multiple KLI FAQs none of
> which were hosted on the KLI site, I'd be completely confused about
> the state of affairs. Actually, I am, and I am anyway.

That's a good point. I started the Wiki at a time when the KLI seemed to
be sleeping: a 20 year old website, a broken wiki and a 10 year old FAQ.
Things have changed since then, fortunately, and I'm sure the KLI
webmaster will be happy to see volunteers including the old FAQ into the
new website.

Thanks for asking.

--
Lieven L. Litaer