[Tlhingan-hol] questions about official KLI FAQ

De'vID de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 01:07:50 PST 2015

This link came up in another thread:

Is this official? If so, I suggest it should be hosted on the kli.org
site. If it's only semi-official, it should state this.

Also, who maintains it? It claims "This FAQ was compiled and is
maintained by d'Armond Speers (Holtej)", however, its contents appear
to partially mirror the contents hosted on Holtej's own site:
http://higbee.cots.net/Holtej/klingon/faq.htm

It looks like Holtej's FAQ was edited and incorporated into
KlingonWiki (presumably by Quvar?). In which case, the statement about
the FAQ being maintained by Holtej should be modified ("was formerly
maintained by Holtej and made into a crowd-sourced Wiki..."), unless
it's still true. And if the KlingonWiki one is more up to date,
Holtej's site should redirect to it. It looks like Holtej's FAQ was
last updated in 2005, whereas the KlingonWiki one was updated very
recently.

If I were not a member of KLI, and I found multiple KLI FAQs none of
which were hosted on the KLI site, I'd be completely confused about
the state of affairs. Actually, I am, and I am anyway.