[Tlhingan-hol] Religious terminology

qunnoQ HoD mihkoun at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 10:32:39 PST 2015

If I understand well what you're writing,you're saying that "first one
should be able to discuss in Klingon,and then try translating".

..Again this depends on what I already wrote ; what one is actually
trying to accomplish by translating. In the examples above, Tom is
insecure and doomed to fail, Dick is arrogant and vain, and Harry
tries to learn by applying gradually what he read.

I'm afraid you're mistaken on what comes first ; first one tries to
compose basic sentences,and then he starts to speak. Not the other way
around. In both languages I speak (English and not so fluent German) I
don't remember any teacher coming to class expecting students first to
talk and then start writing. Furthermore the actual talking was way
more difficult than the writing.

And this gives me the opportunity to discuss something you (and almost
every other senior member here), do not realize. The way you write is
way too complex for a beginner to understand. You don't realize
this,because you can write fluently and this all seems easy to you. It
is understandable ; But no beginner could follow up with your level.
So,you cannot expect someone to be able to keep up with you,conversing
freely so that then,and only then he will be "deemed worthy" to start
translating anything.

To translate is to challenge yourself,for the purpose of learning. It
is the healthy way of expressing one's individual/personal interaction
with the language he wishes to learn. It is what Harry does. It is not
"a heavenly right",bestowed upon someone by the community,if and when
it (the community) considers him worthy.

Anyway,we all have our individual ways of learning ; We're all
different after all.

qun HoD