[Tlhingan-hol] Verbs and nouns ; How were they chosen ?

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Tue Dec 1 10:25:30 PST 2015

On 12/1/2015 1:11 PM, qunnoQ HoD wrote:
> Has Okrand commented,on how he chose which words were meant to exist
> solely as verbs,while others to exist as verbs and nouns too ?

I believe the only time this is addressed is in the addendum of The
Klingon Dictionary, where he says,

    In Klingon, there are many instances of nouns and verbs being
    identical in form (e.g., {ta'} "accomplishment, accomplish"). It is
    not known if all verbs can be used as nouns, but it is known that
    verbs ending in suffixes (such as {-Ha'} "undo" in {lobHa'}
    "disobey") can never be nouns. The Type 9 suffix {-ghach}, however,
    can be attached to such verbs in order to form nouns.

http://www.trimboli.name/