[Tlhingan-hol] Maltz about "The Klingon Art of War"

Brad Wilson bmacliam at aol.com
Mon Nov 17 12:16:48 PST 2014

jIghItlh:
> Could we expect then that {naj} would "not" use {'e'} with SAO ? {tlhIngan Hol vIjatlh vInaj}
jang Felix:

I would expect that it does.

?tlhIngan Hol vIjatlh 'e' vInaj.?
= "I speak Klingon. I dream about [the previous sentence]."
~ "I dream about me speaking Klingon."

Note that ?naj? probably refers to imagining things while sleeping (hence
?najmoHwI'? = "lullaby"), rather than the sort of dreaming that Martin Luther
King jr. is famous for.

I interpret that we dream about "people or things", ie. only a noun can stand as object of {naj}.
{SoSwI' vInaj} = I dreamed of/about my mother.
{tlhIngan Hol jatlh SoSwI' 'e' vInaj} = I dreamed that my mother speaks Klingon.
How about the following:
{tlhIngan Hol jatlhbogh targh vInaj} = I dreamed about a targ that speaks Klingon.
I'm just exploring the options.
gheyIl