[Tlhingan-hol] Maltz about "The Klingon Art of War"

Lieven levinius at gmx.de
Mon Nov 17 03:39:39 PST 2014

ja' matlh:

  Am 16.11.2014 14:55, schrieb Felix Malmenbeck:
> Marc recently mentioned to me that while there's a common perception
> that noun-noun constructs must be separated by spaces, he's actually not
> at all picky about that.

Maybe you have overseen one important syllable, thisi not about spacing:
The book is using the word {vo'ruv'etlh}, which looks like a bad
translation for "sword OF justice", mistaking the suffix {-vo'} as "of,
from". A literal correct translation for "sword of justice" is {ruv 'etlh}.

Since the word is printed in the AOW (KAW? TKAW?), Okrand probably
avoided to say that it's a mistake because that might not be fair for
the author.

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka Quvar valer 'utlh