[Tlhingan-hol] KLI Website

qurgh lungqIj qurgh at wizage.net
Tue Mar 25 08:54:00 PDT 2014

On Tue, Mar 25, 2014 at 11:40 AM, Elizabeth Lawrence <
elizabeth.lawrence08 at gmail.com> wrote:

> It seems clear that we need a common content management system, and some
> content managers.  That means that the *first* thing we need is someone
> to set up the content management system.  I am strongly in favor of using
> something extant, because it streamlines the whole process and is less
> reliant on individuals, which I think is the point.  Therefore, the first
> information needed is suggested content management systems, and volunteers
> for their initial set-up.  Preference should be given to people who have
> worked on a particular system before and are willing to do the set-up.
>
> Both Brent and Qurgh have mentioned Bootstrap, are either of you willing
> to use it to get something up and running?

I can setup WordPress is a matter of minutes if given access, and a
temporary theme can be installed from the web while we build something
custom (or modify something that already exists). This would allow us to
get people registered and start them working on specific sections (New
Words, Store, Membership, Qo'noS QonoS, etc). I'm not the best at UI
design, although we could copy the current "menu" structure to get us
started (About Klingon, Activities, About the KLI, Resources, Members
Only).

qurgh