[Tlhingan-hol] Too short

Lieven levinius at gmx.de
Wed Jul 2 06:33:31 PDT 2014

Am 02.07.2014 14:45, schrieb lojmitti7wi7nuv at gmail.com:
> Actually, the "SO" seems awkward in Klingon, to my ear.

Yes, to me too, actually. Was a bad example. About the {-mo'}, it's
again a point of punctuation and also one of intonation. It also shifts
the meaning of the phrase a little.

HoS, val, vaQ 'ej Duj Doj ra'mo' vIqIH vIneH.
It's not because of all the things, only because of the commanding part.

HoSmo', valmo', vaQmo' 'ej Duj Doj ra'mo' vIqIH vIneH.
Now IT IS because of all the things.

HoS, val, vaQ 'ej Duj Doj ra'. vIqIH vIneH.
Here I talk about things and about the fact that I want to meet him.

> I can be wrong, and I hope I don't cause any big argument here. I'm just sharing what I honestly think is better formed Klingon grammar.

I appreciate your comments.

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka Quvar valer 'utlh