[Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Word of the Day: tul

Bellerophon, modeler bellerophon.modeler at gmail.com
Fri Feb 7 06:17:09 PST 2014

On Fri, Feb 7, 2014 at 1:51 AM, Rohan Fenwick <qeslagh at hotmail.com> wrote:

Sorry to be a pain, but {pI-} is for when the object is second person
> singular - that is, singular "you". {vIq pISam} is "we find you battle".
> When the object is *third* person singular, the appropriate prefix is
> {wI-}: {vIq wISam} "we find battle".

qatlho'! I need to keep working on my tlhIngan Hol, QeS! That was a bad one.

Also, the version with the {-meH} clause doesn't quite have the same
> meaning. It implies that the hoping will somehow be the cause of the event;
> that through hoping, we will be able to find battle. That's not really what
> you're after here.

Yes, hope isn't a plan, and tul with -meH sounds like it means hoping will
achieve the result.
One keeps hoping for different usage examples, though.

~'eD
--
My modeling blog:          http://bellerophon-modeler.blogspot.com/
My other modeling blog:  http://bellerophon.blog.com/