[Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Word of the Day: tul

Bellerophon, modeler bellerophon.modeler at gmail.com
Thu Feb 6 09:31:17 PST 2014

De'vID qatlho'. mu'tlheghvetlh vIghiItlhtaHvIS, jIHon.

I left it that way, expecting clarification if needed.

All examples of {tul} seem to have a sentence-as-object construction with
{'e'} as in "vIq pISam 'e' vItul" ("I hope we find battle"). An alternative
construction might be a clause with {-meH} as in "vIq pISammeH jItul" ("I
hope for our finding battle"). The second is as concise but it seems
clunky. Maybe because "Hope isn't a plan."
~'eD

My modeling blog:          http://bellerophon-modeler.blogspot.com/
My other modeling blog:  http://bellerophon.blog.com/