[Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Word of the Day: naj

Bellerophon, modeler bellerophon.modeler at gmail.com
Sun Sep 1 07:46:01 PDT 2013

jIjepHa'bejpu'! Actually you got much of it anyway.
Again without careless mistakes (any remaining mistakes are careful ones):

ngach Daj pIlmoHlaw' nab QaghmeywIj
'e' vIppIHbe' jInajtaHvIS je
maj
sughoHtaHjaj ej maHvaD QIjjaj matlh

{nab Qagh} /grammar error/ (A more experienced speaker's usage would avoid
confusion where nouns and verbs are identical in form. Perhaps {nabwIj
Qaghmey} /errors in my grammar/)

{'e' vIppIHbe' jInajtaHvIS je} /that (previous sentence) I didn't expect,
while dreaming, too/ (I wanted to work the word of the day back into the
thread, and fell back on a cliche, "not even in my dreams." I considered
{neH} instead of {je}, but it seemed like that would mean my lack of
expectation is restricted to dreams. Is it just me (you'll probably say it
is, Qov) or is there a shortage of adverbials?

qama'pu' DISop'a'? 'ey'a' tlhejtaHvIS qetttlhup? (Actually {qama'pu' DISop
'e' chaw'} makes more sense: he/she permits us to eat, not to be able to
eat.)
QIp chut 'e' Har Mr. Bumble. Ha'DIbaH nuq QIp law', Hoch QIp puS?
<paqwIj Soppu' targh> jatlh puq. ghiq puq moq ghojmoHwI'.

~'eD