[Tlhingan-hol] "So what's Klingon for 'Now get your kit off?'"

Felix Malmenbeck felixm at kth.se
Tue May 28 12:47:42 PDT 2013

> tuQ = wear
> tuQHa' = undress (undo-wear)
> tuQHa'choH = undress, resulting in a change of state (from not
> undressing to undressing)

I would not translate tuQHa' as "undress", but rather as "unwear", suggestion that you've worn something but no longer are.
tuqHa'choH = "start unwearing", or "undress"

We also have the odd case of «tuQmoH», "put on (clothes)" [TKD], which appears to be its own root verb, distinct from tuQ+moH.
«tuQmoHHa'» = "take off" — http://klingonska.org/canon/search/?file=1993-12-holqed-02-4.txt&get=source

So, supposedly:
vItuQmoHHa' = "I take off [an item of clothing]"
vItuQHa'moH = "I undress [a person]"