[Tlhingan-hol] Klingon from Star Trek 2009

Felix Malmenbeck felixm at kth.se
Sat Mar 23 06:54:07 PDT 2013

The dialogue was written by Marc Okrand; he has confirmed that mich. He also did the Vulcan and Romulan dialogue, and I believe he also confirmed that the three-eyed alien is not speaking Klingon, but some previously unheard language.

I haven't sen the script, but from memory it sounds something like this:

Ship scene:

nISbogh Duj! tlhIngan wo' Daq'a'/teblaw' bo'elpu'! jonta' bochu'qa'chugh 'ej tIjwI'ghom bovanrupbe'chugh vaj reQaw'.

So: "Disturbing vessel! You've entered the Klingon Empire's [greater area/jurisdiction]. If you re-engage engines, and if you're not prepared to salute [welcome?] a boarding party, then we will destroy you."

Rura Penthe scene:
The part I remember went some thing like: [cho/tu]ja'Qo'! vaj [something something]. vaj bIHegh 'e' DamaS qar'a'?