[Tlhingan-hol] Klingon from Star Trek 2009

David Trimboli david at trimboli.name
Sat Mar 23 07:27:51 PDT 2013

On 3/23/2013 9:06 AM, Lieven wrote:

> Hi There,
>
> I never watched closely to the deleted klingon scenes from the latest
> 2009 Star Trek. Did anyone ever try to write down the klingon phrases
> spoken? They seem to be correct, I do understand several words.
>
> Here's a video:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pchkWmhCMXM
>
> If this is real tlhIngan Hol, we can be certain that the next movie will
> also use correct klingon. I just hope they don't mumble like these do.

If you're going to consider deleted scenes from the Star Trek movie as
canonical Klingon, then you also should consider the unused sound file
from the Star Trek: Klingon game as canon.

Spoken by Okrand, the sound file contains:

Dajatlhbogh vIyajbe'
I don't understand what you said

Notice the lack of a head noun on the relative clause.

http://www.trimboli.name/