[Tlhingan-hol] Helping a friend (pick up people in Federation bars)

Rohan Fenwick - QeS 'utlh qeslagh at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 13 06:48:29 PST 2013

jatlh 'angghal:
> While I am not famous,

bo'DaghHom yIlo'Qo'! :)

tlhob ghaH:
> Please use this thread to suggest clever, smarmy, and
> even mildly offensive pick-up lines which a) can be
> translated into Klingon, and b) have a clear, Klingon
> slant to them.

jang De'vID, jatlh:
> tojbogh pa'Daq bIQomlaH, pagh tojbe'bogh pa'wIjDaq bIQomqu'laH. yIwIv!
> - You can experience a tremor in the holodeck, or experience an
> earthquake in my what-you-see-is-what-you-get quarters. Your choice.

jIHaghqu'! That's excellent.

How about the following (my translations in colloquial English):

juHwIj vIcheghDI', HItlhej! SoHvaD bom vIja', 'ej jIHDaq quS tIchuH.
Want to come back to my place? I'll read the poems, and you hurl the chairs.

jIHvaD SIbI' bang pong yI'oghchoH; tugh DajachnIS.
Start thinking me up a {bang pong} straight away, because you'll need to scream it soon.

jIH choqelbej, 'Iwoy. pagh QapHa'qa' tuQDoqwIj.
You're definitely thinking about me, baby. Either that, or my mind sifter is playing up again.

QeS