[Tlhingan-hol] Helping a friend (pick up people in Federation bars)

David Holt kenjutsuka at live.com
Wed Jan 30 06:47:30 PST 2013

So on a related note...
A sexy female model who's into sci-fi and whom I follow on Facebook asked for cheesy pick-up lines.  I wanted to use some of the ones presented here, but not until Lawrence had revealed his picks.  So I finally came up with my own: botjan pep jatlh nujlIj, 'ach cha baH jatlh mInDu'lIj.  Feel free to use it, but I don't think it's anywhere near as good as those already offered.
After I posted it and got praised for doing it in Klingon, someone else tried to copy by posting, "BIsopnIS wIj puqpu!"  I won't get into what he intended here on a public forum, but as I thought about it, I realized that what he posted was not terrible.  He's unlikely to pick up a girl with it, but if it were said in a culture where child labor makes food plentiful and cheap, one might actually be tempted to walk up to a very thin woman and say, "You need to eat.  Children farm."
janSIy