[Tlhingan-hol] Dothraki nugh vIghal

Lieven levinius at gmx.de
Tue Apr 9 13:59:24 PDT 2013

Am 09.04.2013 22:38, schrieb David Trimboli:
> Nope. Not a body intended or authorized to govern Klingon. Its purpose
> is to *study* Klingon. [...]
> "official" doesn't apply. It's not an official anything with regard to
> Klingon.

Okay, that's correct, but it is the "most possible (half) official"
thing that exists.

To the entire world, the Klingon language is related to the KLI.
Everyone accepts translations by the KLI, they have contracts with
Paramount/CBS etc. If we start to consider it just "a club set up by
some guy", then we can go ahead and establish KLI's around the world and
play institute for ourselves.

If there might ever by *any* kind of Klingon language "government", I'm
very much sure that this will be the KLI. Who else could be?

> To create an "unstuck" Klingon, what I called a "Living Klingon," you
> need a language-using community, not talk *about* the language.

That's true. And that's the major problem of this mailing list, always
has been. Same for the language meetings. People don't use Klingon
enough. But again, here is the problem of missing words. (esperanto for
instance has a system to develop new vocabulary)

bIlugh. 'ej naDev QIn tetlhDaq qay'taH ghu'vetlh. Hol maqeqmeH qaS je:
tlhIngan Hol lulo'be' jatlhwI'pu'. lulo'be' Hutlhmo' mu'mey law'.
(mu'mey chu' chenmoHlaHbej 'eSperanto' Hol.)

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka Quvar valer 'utlh