[Tlhingan-hol] *'ap Wizard Dun: 'ay' wa': *ghoSuS*

ghunchu'wI' qunchuy at alcaco.net
Mon Sep 10 19:06:55 PDT 2012

On Sep 10, 2012, at 2:11 PM, Robyn Stewart <robyn at flyingstart.ca> wrote:

>> Or rework it to make it unnecessary to put the name and the "title"
>> next to each other:
>
> Haven't been following this, but "Aunty Em" is the way Dorothy addresses her, so one can't avoid it completely.

If all you know is the movie, you might find a Klingon translation of the original story somewhat surprising. The movie leaves out a lot, even as it adds nuances which I think greatly improve the overall tale.

Anyway, in the book it's just "Aunt Em" with no endearment apparent. Dorothy speaks to her only once, in the very last paragraph. She does refer to her aunt and uncle by name several times throughout the story, though.

-- ghunchu'wI'