[Tlhingan-hol] *'ap Wizard Dun: 'ay' wa': *ghoSuS*

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Mon Sep 10 11:25:21 PDT 2012

Klingons have four types of aunts to choose from:

me'  		aunt (mother's sister)
me'nal  		aunt (mother's brother's wife)
'e'mam  		aunt (father's sister)
'e'mamnal  	aunt (father's brother's wife)

Do we know what Auntie Em's exact relationship was to Dorothy?  If {me'}, perhaps you could say *{me'oy} for "auntie": i.e. *{'em me'oy}.  Azetbur put {-oy} on {vav} in ST6 so *{me'oy} is at least plausible, at least for a child.

BTW I saw the Rosalind Russell version of "Auntie Mame" this weekend and Mame was indeed the boy's father's sister which leads me to suspect that Em is Dorothy's mother's sister.

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons