[Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Word of the Day: Doq 'ej wovbe'

ghunchu'wI' 'utlh qunchuy at alcaco.net
Mon Oct 15 08:40:18 PDT 2012

On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 11:24 AM, qurgh lungqIj <qurgh at wizage.net> wrote:
> The type "phrase" is used
> in my database software to represent a "complete canon phrase that has
> a defined English meaning and is published as being a standalone
> sentence, as those phrases in The Klingon Way are".

I don't understand. So far as I can tell, {Doq 'ej wovbe'} *is* a
"complete canon phrase" in exactly the way you say you use "phrase" in
your software. Are you using a specialized definition of something, or
making an assumption somewhere, that you think is so obvious that it
doesn't need to be stated?

> If someone has a complete source for all the words, I will
> happily merge that into my database and include the information.

In what format would you prefer me to send it to you? Note that what I
put in my own dictionary is almost exclusively individual words. The
only multi-word entry in my lexicon database that isn't a noun is the
exclamation {buy' ngop}.

-- ghunchu'wI'