[Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Word of the Day: Doq 'ej wovbe'

ghunchu'wI' 'utlh qunchuy at alcaco.net
Mon Oct 15 08:11:01 PDT 2012

On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 10:43 AM, qurgh lungqIj <qurgh at wizage.net> wrote:
> I guess I should just prevent the Word
> of the Day from using these phrases as it confuses the advanced
> speakers too much.

If you're not willing to label such phrases properly, I believe you
should indeed skip them. Not because it's confusing to advanced
speakers, or because it doesn't tell the beginners enough, but
basically because the way you're presenting them now is just plain
wrong.

Since we've gotten onto the "complain about a generally useful
volunteer-provided resource because it isn't perfect" track, I want to
repeat my suggestion that these messages ought to include the source
of the word. That should just be a change to the "form letter" and not
a modification of the actual program, right?

-- ghunchu'wI'