[Tlhingan-hol] Eurotalk - New Words - Shopping

Michael Roney, Jr. PKT nahqun at gmail.com
Mon May 28 18:43:48 PDT 2012

On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 3:48 PM, Qov <robyn at flyingstart.ca> wrote:

>> razor - rol taj
>

> I guessed pob taj and then laughed at rol taj, because well, I'm never going
> to need a rol taj.  (petamchoH! be'Daq pob 'oHtaH!)

I started thinking of this word again while shaving.

We can look at this word in a few different ways:

1) Marc is male and uses a razor for his face.
As a male, I didn't question the word like Qov did.

2) Maltz, also a male, uses the razor for his face.

3) Klingons don't shave other parts of their body.

4) Marc/Maltz saw the picture and identified it as a razor for one's
face, not a razor for one's legs.

Klingon males wear various styles of facial hair.
Most of them seem to shave their cheeks.

Do we know if Klingon females shave anything?

I would have no problem believing that they don't.

~'anan naHQun

--
~Michael Roney, Jr.
Professional Klingon Translator