[Tlhingan-hol] Alien Frontiers 'echletHom

Michael Roney, Jr. PKT nahqun at gmail.com
Sat May 19 10:55:54 PDT 2012

I'm translating the following game card:
http://boardgamegeek.com/image/834180/alien-frontiers-the-space-crane

"Space Crane
When using the RAIDERS' OUTPOST you may steal <F/OF/OF/OF/O> from the
stocks or take <CRD>  from the ALIEN ARTIFACT instead of stealing from
other players."

logh qengwI'

weHwI' tengchaH Dalo'taHvIS;
Hal <F/OF/OF/OF/O> DanIHlaH,
pagh nov pIghHom <CRD> DatlhaplaH.
QujwI' Doch DanIH. 'e' poQbe'.

The tepqengwI' on BoP seems to resemble the Space Crane on the card.
So I'm leaning towards {logh qengwI'}.

I asked for clarification on "stocks", and my source gave me the word
"source", so I'm going with {Hal}.

IIRC {-vo'} is when you're traveling from a place, and so it's not the
same "from" in the English here.
{Hal <F/OF/OF/OF/O>} is attempting to be "The Hal's <F...>".
So, "You are able to steal the source's <F...>".
I repeat the same construction in the next two lines.

pIghHom for "artifact" seems a bit of a stretch, and I'm open to
suggestions on that one.

"instead of"
I'm pretty sure the the sentence says "You can do X, you can do Y,
it's not required to steal from the players."
Which should cover the idea of "instead of".

~'anan naHQun

--
~Michael Roney, Jr.
Professional Klingon Translator