[Tlhingan-hol] nuq bop bom: 'ay' wa'vatlh SochmaH Soch: SanIDlogh nuHoHlaH

lojmIt tI'wI'nuv lojmitti7wi7nuv at gmail.com
Thu May 10 07:44:51 PDT 2012

But language also has cultural factors. English still sees a corpse as a person. Klingon sees a corpse as an ugly, messy thing. It doesn't matter if, before death, the person was highly valued and respected. The corpse is garbage.

Note that nobody cares about the gravesite of Kahless. There are no Klingon embalmers. One howl pretty much covers funeral services.

So, a Klingon corpse doesn't sit or lie. It has a location and perhaps a posture, if you'd call it that. It's dead. It's a thing; a thing associated with rot and released bodily fluids and solids. It won't watch your back in battle. It won't love you or hate you. It's useless, unless you are really, really hungry and have no better choices. Top of the food chain collects a lot of toxins. Not exactly health food.

Of course, in a pinch, properly prepared, many parts could be used as a weapon. But that can be said for just about anything, so the value here is limited.

pItlh
lojmIt tI'wI'nuv