[Tlhingan-hol] mu' mung

De'vID jonpIn de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 09:42:46 PDT 2012

De'vID:
>> {ghojmoHwI'} n. teacher, mentor [obvious extension of {ghojmoH} from
>> TKD, but does this appear as its own word in canon?]

loghaD:
> Used in "Diplomatic Implausability"; approved by Okrand.

De'vID:
>> {ma' to'vor} n. Mauk-to'Vor ritual

loghaD:
> Same as above.

Is everything in "Diplomatic Implausibility" vetted by MO?  What about
other DeCandido works with glossaries, are those words approved too?

For example, here is the glossary to "A Good Day to Die":
http://books.google.com/books?id=nRuva4zrxFIC&lpg=PA284&dq=Habnagh&hl=sv&pg=PA281#v=onepage&q&f=false

Here's the one to "Diplomatic Implausibility":
http://books.google.com/books?id=tikiYLYOadcC&lpg=PP1&dq=Diplomatic%20Implausibility&hl=sv&pg=PA244#v=onepage&q&f=false

"A Burning House":
http://books.google.com/books?id=YlMTihkejQUC&lpg=PT410&hl=sv&pg=PT403#v=onepage&q&f=false

"Enemy Territory" also apparently has a glossary, but I couldn't find
it online.  I did find this reference to it:
http://klingon.livejournal.com/56112.html

There are a bunch of {tlhIngan Hol} words in the above that I've never
seen elsewhere, such as {'aDanjI'}, {chuSwI'}, {Da'ar}, {Habnagh},
{HurqIq}, {ghInaq}, {ghonglIq}, {jInjoq}, {qaDrav}, {qorvIt},{ramjep}
(a type of bird), {So'HIp}, {tlhInja}, {tlhongaD}.  There's also
*{Hestlh'ng} which doesn't even fit the orthography.

Also, what I have noted as {ma'veq} is there written as *{mevaq}, but
it's apparently intended to be the same word.  Ditto for *{ma'Do'vor}
instead of {ma'to'vor}, *{parmaHay} for {parmaqqay}.

What's the canonicity of these words?