[Tlhingan-hol] Klingon wedding blessing

De'vID jonpIn de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 20:56:59 PDT 2012

http://www.expressnightout.com/2012/01/2011-best-of-b-i-o/
<<Readings: Jillian Levine-Sisson + Scott McCormick

How do Trekkies celebrate their love? In Klingon, obviously. Though
Jillian’s parents requested a traditional ceremony, during the
reception, two friends delivered a dinner blessing in the fictional
alien tongue. The Shakespearean sonnet and a passage from “King John”
were translated by Marc Okrand, the linguist who developed Klingon,
who happens to be an acquaintance of Scott’s. One could even say the
couple’s love was written in the stars: On their first date, Jillian
told Scott, “I did some spying on you on Facebook. I know you’re a
Star Trek fan, but I’m a fan of [spin-off] ‘Deep Space Nine.’” “I was
like, ‘Who says that? DS9 fans are a rare breed.’”>>

va!  qen SeQpIr bomHom lutHom je mughta' Marc Okrand.  mu'meyvetlh
ghaj'a' vay'?  SuqlaH'a' vay'?