[Tlhingan-hol] A New Hope

David Trimboli david at trimboli.name
Wed Jun 27 14:02:21 PDT 2012

On 6/27/2012 4:32 PM, Michael Roney, Jr. PKT wrote:

> The site translates the entire opening text.
> The guy wanting the tattoo is editing out a small bit (the title, and such).
>
> The English he provided was:
>
> A Long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away..
> Rebel spaceships, striking from a hidden base, have won their first
> victory against the evil Galactic Empire. During the battle, Rebel
> spies managed to steal secret plans to the Empire’s ultimate weapon,
> the DEATH STAR, an armored space station with enough power to destroy
> an entire planet. Pursued by the Empire’s sinister agents, Princess
> Leia races home aboard her starship, custodian of the stolen plans
> that can save her people and restore freedom to the galaxy….
>
> Snipping out the appropriate Klingon text to correspond with his snipped English
> (and incorporating comments from ghunchu'wI'), we're left with:
>
> poH nI' ret, qIb Hopqu'Daq...
> Qoj Sepmey.
> waw' peghvo'
> HIvta' lotlhwI' Dujmey.
> qIb wo' mIgh lujeymeH
> yay wa'DIch luQapta'.
> qaStaHvIS may',
> wo' nuH'a' De' pegh
> nIHta' lotlhwI' ghoqwI'pu'.
> Hegh Hov 'oH nuH'a' pong'e'.
> yuQ naQ chenHa'moHlaHbogh

I'd go for {yuQ Qaw'laHchu'bogh} "which can completely destroy a planet"
instead of {yuQ naQ chenHa'moHlaHbogh} "which can cause a planet which
is whole to be unformed."

> tengchaH HoSghajqu''e' 'oH.
> De' lunIHbogh lup ley'a joH.

Keep the accomplished aspect you used before: {De' lunIHta'bogh}
"information which they stole."

Would {HIj} "deliver, transport goods" be better than {lup} "transport"?

> nom 'ejDo'DajDaq juH ghoS,
> 'ach lutlha' wo' Duypu' mIgh.
> nughDaj toDlaH De'vam,

How about {choqlaH}?