[Tlhingan-hol] Old fashioned radio

Felix Malmenbeck felixm at kth.se
Mon Jun 18 16:12:46 PDT 2012

> I was about to ask you about the verb {yoq} when I realized: Sweden.
> Bjorn. Mjolnir. IKEA furniture names. yoq/joq easy typo. That must be
> a pain.

HIvqa' veqlargh! Yeah, my first two names are "Björn" and "Johan"; and there ain't no bloody affricates in any of those ;)

> I think {'ul yu'egh QumwI'} is clearer than {De' labmeH 'ej
> lI'meH choHtaHbogh 'ul loH jan}.

It's certainly more concise, but that would strike me as referring to any part of the electromagnetic spectrum, not just radio waves.
It's probably true, though, that it'd be understandable to Klingon-speaking humans. ...and perhaps the wavelength isn't all that important in the intended context, anyway?

> choHnISba'taH yu'egh

The wave certainly must, but is it obvious that the current alternates?

I still think 'ul yu'egh QumwI' works, though.

> 'ej QummeH jan, motlh De' lab 'ej lI'.

teHqu'.