[Tlhingan-hol] Time and Type 7 verb suffixes

ghunchu'wI' qunchuy at alcaco.net
Sun Jun 17 09:55:31 PDT 2012

On Jun 17, 2012, at 11:37 AM, David Trimboli <david at trimboli.name> wrote:

> A "canonical translation" simply means it's the translation that appears in the book; it doesn't mean that anything in an English translation that includes a present participle must have come from a Klingon continuous suffix.

The lack of a Klingon continuous suffix in this example is the whole point! The idea expressed would not change if the suffix were present. That's what was asked for, right?

> Hang on. Where does the "canonical translation" "the enemy is approaching" appear? Not the start of Conversational Klingon; that has no "canonical" transcript I'm aware of.

The Bird of Prey "Holodome" played the CK intro audio. It came with a card containing the text and translation of each line. It would be useful to find out whether the English text on the card was the original that was then translated into Klingon, or if it's a retranslation of the Klingon.

-- ghunchu'wI'