[Tlhingan-hol] nuq bop bom: 'ay' cha'vatlh cha'maH chorgh: maghlu'

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Mon Jul 30 14:01:11 PDT 2012

[Oops, I sent this to ghunchu'wI' when I should have sent it to the entire list.]

Qov:
>> jonwI' choQ luDoQmeH lotlhwI'pu', veQ lI' choQDaq vajar QollaH qoreQ

ghunchu'wI':
I'll accept it either way, but I need to point out that you're using {Qol} inconsistently. Until this instance, I think you were consistent in placing the traveler as the subject. Here, though, you've treated it the way you do {jol}, with the transporter operator as the subject and the person traveling as the object (which is my preference, incidentally).

FYI {jol} "beam (aboard)" and {Qol} "beam away" in canon:

HIjol
Beam me aboard! Beam me up! TKD

HIjol, jup
Beam me up, mate. RTb

DIvI' 'ejDo' 'entepray'Daq Dajollu'
Get beamed aboard the USS Enterprise. STX

jolbogh ghom wa'DIch DamuvlaHmeH De' DaneHchugh, Se'vam yIjIHtaH
Stay tuned for information on how you can be among the first to beam aboard! STX

Qollu'ta'
They were beamed aboard a Federation Starship. (subtitle) ST6
(i.e. "They were beamed away.")

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons