[Tlhingan-hol] pongHa' & pongbe'

Michael Roney, Jr. PKT nahqun at gmail.com
Sat Jul 14 23:30:41 PDT 2012

jatlh Qov:

> Duj pongHa'pu' HoD - The captain has misnamed the ship.  - given it the
> wrong name, perhaps. Or stricken the name from the register.
>
> Duj pongHa'lu'bogh - the mis/denamed ship. It has the wrong name woyld be my
> forst impression and I'd that didn't make sense I'd see if unnaming it did.

jatlh Ruben Molina:

>{pongHa'} one who lost her name

So let's say that a ship has been damaged in battle, but it's repairable.
The crew at the repair facility is restoring the vessel and during
this process; they remove the pIqaD lettering from the hull and the
dedication plaque from the bridge.

It's currently just a shell of a ship; but it still needs to be listed
on an inventory for the shipyard.

>From the looks of the replies; we're certainly wanting {-Ha'} over
{-be'}, as I had expected.

What would you expect to see on the screen?

{pongHa'lu'}, {pongHa'lu'bogh}, simply {pongHa'}?

~'anan naHQun

--
~Michael Roney, Jr.
Professional Klingon Translator