[Tlhingan-hol] nuq bop bom: 'ay' wa'vatlh wa'maH cha': <SuchwI' chaw'>

ghunchu'wI' 'utlh qunchuy at alcaco.net
Thu Jan 5 20:38:05 PST 2012

On Thu, Jan 5, 2012 at 5:31 PM, De'vID jonpIn <de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com> wrote:
> Which captions?  I'll have to haul out my DVD to watch it again, but I
> don't recall seeing {nuq DaghoS}, and I think I would've noticed since
> it would've surprised me.

I don't have it on DVD, so I can't look for myself. I saw it with
captions at my sister-in-law's house something like a dozen years ago.
I recall it as "NUG DAGROS, RN" (yes, "RN") and it did surprise me,
because I thought I had seen someone report it differently. I assume
it was the standard closed captions, though they were black letters on
a yellow background and somewhat larger than I usually see.

(It was the same television I on which I watched Captain Klaa shout
{HIvHe choHmoH!} during a different visit. From that I learned that
{choHmoH} means to change something else, thus {choH} would mean to
become different.)

-- ghunchu'wI'