[Tlhingan-hol] Monopoly - New Canon

Lieven Litaer lieven.litaer at web.de
Wed Jan 4 07:49:29 PST 2012

Some strange annoying fact made me gotten kicked out of the list without
letting me know. That's why I send my past messages again - sorry for
the delay:

> {vey} I saw this listed as "pack", but given that it refers to both a game box and a wad of money, I think it means more than "pack', and would propose "set", as well.

I understand it somehow in both senses, I believe one might even send a
present in a {vey} with fedex or ups. :-)

The 'aplo', which had also been used in the cd with {qoSta' 'aplo'}
reminds me more of the box/container itself.
i.e. box + contents = package.

I thinks that's why the difference had been made with
{veymey puS chenmoHlu'} "few packages had been made" = limited edition
and then
{ngaS 'aplo'} "the box contains" = contents

> The box has in pIqaD {naS 'aplo'}, with the English "Contents". Would I be justified in thinking this was supposed to be {ngaS 'aplo'}?

It sure is, it's even missing both apostrophes: *aplo*
Now after looking closer I see that all apostrophes missing.

> Anyone know what {vabDot} means? "even"? "including"? "also"?

That's what I think too, since it stands at the beginning of the
sentence, it might be an adverb.

The original sentence:
{Qo'noS romuluS je boSuqlaH. vabDot tera' Qejbogh DIvI' ram boSuqlaH.}
"Kronos, Romulus and even the puny Federation's precious Earth are all
up for grabs."

literally:
{vabDot tera'('e') Qejbogh DIvI' ram boSuqlaH}

*vabDot*, you can get the Earth which the unimportant federation *Qej*es.

Or is this a noun? You can get the {vabDot tera'}?

Talking about new words - what does Qej mean? I can't find it in my
notes. The sentence should have a topic marker to make clear that it's
the earth you can get, not the federation.

Lieven.