[Tlhingan-hol] qo''e' tu'bogh pagh - 'ay' wa'maH jav

De'vID jonpIn de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 08:48:31 PST 2012

De'vID:
>> McCOY: *Jim*, porghQeDDaj vISovbe'... SoQchoHbe' qungmeyDaj.

Qov:
> {qungmeyDaj} is weird for me. I get the flute imagery first. If it were
me translating I would stray from the close translation and go with
something like {QIDqu'lu'pu' 'ej reghbe'choHbe'.}  That's not too good
either, but I think this should be more emotional than technical.

jatlh MO:
<qung, the word for "hole in a musical instrument," can't be used for a
hole in the ground, but it could be used for a bullet hole or a hole in a
shirt (including buttonholes, moth holes, accidental rips, etc.) or a hole
in the roof.>

"bullet hole" chenmoH'a' pu' tIH?  pagh pIm'a' bIH qungHeymey'e'
chenmoHbogh pu'?