[Tlhingan-hol] Translation of Star Trek: Klingon? Where to find?

Felix Malmenbeck felixm at kth.se
Sat Dec 1 14:34:40 PST 2012

If you're referring to Gowron's opening speech ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVo2kVVChU0 ), it's been deduced that all of it is from HenrI' vagh ("Henry V"), but not all of it has been translated to English, I believe.

Here's an e-mail where De'vID lays out a fair bit of it, though: http://diswww.mit.edu/charon.MIT.EDU/ja%27chuq/90750

Also, I've taken a stab at the snippet from qul tuq that's heard ( http://youtu.be/ljmey6wsmJQ?t=47s ):
http://diswww.mit.edu/charon.MIT.EDU/ja%27chuq/94361

'o meQ qul!
'o meQ chal!
reH SuvtaH jaqbogh 'ej yoHbogh(?) ghotpu'.

>> STK mughlu'. 'e' vISov.
> The translation is completed, so {-pu'} is important here:
>
>    <Hov leng tlhIngan> mughlu'pu' 'e' vISov.

Or -ta', I suppose.

> How about {bIng mu'mey} "words below"? That's a more literal translation
> of "subtitles."

One might also consider {bIS'ub mu'mey} ("[interior]bottom words"), depending on if one is referring to the fact they're below the movie (in widescreen, at least), or the fact that they're near the bottom of the screen.

I personally like {mughwI' mu'tlhegh} ("translator's sentence(s)"), but that doesn't make much sense for closed captions.