[Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Monopoly: another card

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Fri Sep 30 07:13:43 PDT 2011

Voragh:
> >I received a reminder to order my copy of the game which contained
> >an image of one of the "Honor" cards with some text:
> >    Qang QanmeH yan 'ISletlh Damuv 'e' wIvlu'.
> >    You are chosen to serve on the Yan-Isleth and protect the chancellor.

Qov:
> Interesting also that it's not {Qang DaQanmeH yan 'ISletlh Damuv net wIv}.

I noticed that he only used {Da-} once too.  Perhaps he was trying for a more clipped feel:  i.e. "Chosen to join the Yan-Isleth..."  Or maybe {yan 'ISletlh} is the subject of the purpose clause:  In order for the Yan-Isleth to protect the chancellor, you are chosen to join it.

FYI:  The Yan-Isleth, or "Brotherhood of the Sword", is an elite Klingon division charged with protecting the chancellor, whom they guard at all times;  it's his personal security force. (DS9 "Apocalypse Rising")

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons