[Tlhingan-hol] TalkNow teaser

Lieven Litaer levinius at gmx.de
Fri Sep 30 08:23:46 PDT 2011

Hello my friends,

I just cannot hold myself telling you about the new Eurotalk TalkNow - Klingon, which I just got and virtually swallowed. I won't tell any of the new words, instead I encourage you to go and buy this software. They even have an easy download-area, so you can get it immediately. I did so, because I could not stand the waiting anymore (although I did order it long time before. I will now have to copies :-)

Someone suggested before to wait before revealing any words... It will take a while anyway, because there are really hundreds, at least feels like, without counting them.

You can see that Marc Okrand did enjoy working on this. There are many puns you see quite fast, others are a bit hidden. Many of new words are just transliterations, especially with the names for food or countries. But we do have many real new words - like the one for swim, which has a damn obvious pun which will knock you from your chair!  ;-)

There are also many descriptions of things instead of giving them a name, but at least we do have a canon way to describe them, like one example that is used on their website: the "new word" for CD is {De' jengva'}.

People of pIqaD will have their fun too, as each word is shown both in latin as in pIqaD letters. The use of the software is quite intuitive, just click around and enjoy.

As far as I have seen everything is correct, except for one typo that I found, but I think one can ignore that one. I didn't use any of the sounds, because I have no speakers here. Maybe someone else might want to report about it.

After waiting for years, this is really "one small step for a Klingon, but a giant leap for the klingon language"!

Qapla'
  Lieven L. Litaer.