[Tlhingan-hol] Question about question words

Lieven Litaer levinius at gmx.de
Thu Sep 29 06:52:39 PDT 2011

> But I also have noticed instances like this from ST3
> Kruge: vaj Daleghpu' Then you have seen it?

In this case, I would guess it's a bad english translation.
It prbably should be "Then you have seen it!"

*smile*

> And from PK
This is getting more complicated now :-/

> pu'HIch wIj Daleghpu' Have you seen my phaser pistol?

I need to listen to this again, but I think this was intended to be a clipped klingon version. Pleas verify someone else.

> Does that work?

I would say in general, no. My understanding is that you always need to use it. Of course one will understand a question when there is a question mark, or when your voice goes up. But we do not know if Klingons do so.

Quvar
aka
Lieven L. Litaer.