[Tlhingan-hol] village dweller

Brent Kesler brent.of.all.people at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 14:37:42 PDT 2011

Personally, I don't put a glottal stop when transliterating
non-Klingon names--that way the word is obviously foreign to the
Klingon eye. Kinda the way Czechoslovakia looks in English.

Another rule of thumb I use is stress. In Klingon nouns, stress tends
to fall on syllables with glottal stops. So Nilo (pronounced NI-lo)
becomes nIylo, while nIylo' would suggest something like niLO.

But I like to overanalyze everything. Mostly, I think it's just a
matter of taste.

bI'reng