[Tlhingan-hol] village dweller

Josh Badgley joshbadgley at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 26 13:55:28 PDT 2011

lutHom vIqontaH.  But it seems I have hit a snag.  My story takes place on nural (Neural, from "A Private Little War"), and in the episode there are several different tribes of nuralnganpu', including the "Hill People" and the village dwellers.

So in my story, I have named the village dwellers vengHom DabwI'pu' and I am almost certain that I have violated a rule or something...I don't know which rule, but needless to say, I trust my instincts when they tell me my grammar sucks.

What would be a good tlhIngan Hol term for "village dwellers" ? And  please, not  anything that translates to "village people", I already thought of that...:)

Also, are there any thoughts on how one would transliterate the name "Apella" into Klingon?  I have not as yet discerned any "rules" for "Klingonizing" names...would it be 'apela? I ask because I am handwriting this story in pIqaD and it looks weird to just leave it as "Apella"

-- jhb