[Tlhingan-hol] Eurotalk - New Words - Countries

Josh Badgley joshbadgley at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 29 13:32:33 PDT 2011

I have to agree...overal, great job with the country names.  As an Indophile, my heart lept when I saw barat under the Indian flag.  I don't find qa'naDa' nearly as difficult as 'amerI'qa' SepjIjQa', because I keep forgetting the ' after the rI', so instead I say 'amerIqa' SepjIjQa'...it's a tough one, but still very cool to finally have a name for my country.  ne'Derlan is another tough one for me, mainly because it's diffucult for me to pronounce a retroflex D and then roll my r right afterwards.  I think turIqya' is pretty accurate, and portughal and 'eSpanya' sound more like the actual names of the countries than the English versions do. majQa'
-- jhb