[Tlhingan-hol] paq'batlh - sic?

Lieven Litaer lieven.litaer at web.de
Mon Oct 24 23:59:58 PDT 2011

Dear Warriors,

I finally got my paq'batlh, and it includes -- as usual -- a nice
explanation for its name:

Marc Okrand's introduction:
We know that the name of the book itself, paq'batlh, is some form of no'
Hol. It is grammatically backwards from what we find in modern Klingon
(where it would be batlh paq, or "honor book"). The character we are
rendereing with an apostrophe in paq'batlh may be a clue to some missing
grammatical element in no' Hol that may explain the transposition of the
words.

I will write a longer review of it, but my short answer is: I'm giving 8
of 10 points. It's really nice.

Lieven.