[Tlhingan-hol] nuq bop bom: 'ay' vaghmaH vagh: <taS SuQ>

Qov robyn at flyingstart.ca
Tue Oct 18 17:46:30 PDT 2011

lab QeS:

>Qov:
> > pegh, 'a pochtaHvIS lubej Sung puS.
>
>jIH:
> > I'm not saying the usage is wrong, but to me 'op Sung would be better
> > than Sung puS here.

I fixed all the <'op>mey in this part and I hope will catch them in
future parts.

>Qov:
> > wa'maH cheb'a' Qenvob tIje'.[20]
>
>jIH:
> > If it were me I'd say Qenvob wa'maH cheb'a', but I'm not sure if I
> > really find wa'maH cheb'a' Qenvob objectionable. I don't know why.
>
>Qov:
> > I'm hoping to collect a few opinions on this one.
>
>Having had the chance to think about it, I think I can deal with wa'maH
>cheb'a' Qenvob as an apposition. It's still not what I'd naturally say,
>but it really does sound more or less okay. Weird.

I think I'll keep this style of designating amounts of stuff for now,
but I'm open to more opinions,

>jIH:
> > SuQchoHlaHbogh tIr qech vItIvbej!
>
>Qov:
> > lutvam vIQulmeH tej ghItlhmey vIlaD. vI'angDI' bIHagh.
>
>tI'angbej!

bItung 'e' vIpIH 'ach SoHvaD loS wa' pegh. Satlh vIqelDI' wa' potlh
neH vISov. chaq tlhochchu' vuDlIj vuDwIj je, 'a Do' vIqontaHvIS mIghbe'choH.

- Qov