[Tlhingan-hol] nuq bop bom: 'ay' vaghmaH vagh: <taS SuQ>‏

Felix Malmenbeck felixm at kth.se
Mon Oct 17 10:59:15 PDT 2011

> IIRC the TKW example preceeded the revelation of {'op} in SkyBox Card 7, which is the only example of {'op} known AFAIK.

The SkyBox card came out in 1995 according to http://klingonska.org/canon/search/?file=1995-sbx-s07.txt&query=%27op
The Klingon Way came out in 1996 according to Amazon.com
Of course, considering the process concept -> published book is probably longer than the process concept -> published trading card (in a pre-existing series), that doesn't necessarily mean the sentences were translated in that order.

>  qagh, ro'qegh'Iwchab, targh tIq Sop 'e' lungIl Humanpu' puS
>  Few humans dare to eat gagh, rokeg blood pie, or heart of targ. (S21)
>
> I would think that *{'op Human} would also work here.

To me, that would emphasize the fact that there are a number of humans that dare eat these things, rather than the fact that those who do are few.