[Tlhingan-hol] SwitzerlandDaq tlhIngan Hol jatlhwI'pu' lutu'lu''a'?

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Fri Oct 7 11:26:23 PDT 2011

Andre:
>SwitzerlandDaq jIpawta'.  jIlengbe' neH.  naDev Qu'wIjvaD
>jIvumtaH 'ej naDev jIyInchoH.
>
>How do I express "I'm not only travelling?"  <jIlengbe' neH>
>scans like "I'm only not travelling", which is not quite what
>I want.)

I understood you straight away.  "I'm only not travelling" makes no sense to me.  (How is this different from "I'm not travelling"?)  I would combine the sentences and maybe add {-taH} "continuous":

  naDev jIlengtaHbe' neH 'ach Qu'wIjvaD jIvumtaH je.

There are no known examples of {neH} following verb with {-be'}, but we do have one following {-Qo'}:

  yIQeqQo' neH.  DoS yIqIp
  Don't just aim; hit the target! TKW

Most examples of {neH} follow nouns, but the three other examples of {neH} following a verb are:

  qo'mey Sar charghtaHvIS chaH Dat tlhIngan may'Duj luleghDI'
   neH qIb nganpu' buQpu' may'Duj 'ej ghIjpu' 'oH.  nIteb
   ghIjpu' je Deghvam
  this symbol grew to become as feared throughout the galaxy
   as the menacing profiles of their battlecruisers. SP1

  roD 'oHvaD juHqo' ponglu' neH.
  [Qo'noS] is usually referred to as simply "The Homeworld." S27

  bIghHa'Daq.  Such neH.
  In jail. Just visiting. (Monopoly)

--
Voragh