[Tlhingan-hol] SwitzerlandDaq tlhIngan Hol jatlhwI'pu' lutu'lu''a'?

lojmIt tI'wI' nuv lojmIttI7wI7nuv at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 19:31:50 PDT 2011

My approach when faced with this sort of thing is to abandon an effort to encode the original English grammar and vocabulary into Klingon and instead recast the thought using tools better suited to the language. We say that a sentence is a complete thought, but in fact, "I'm not only traveling" is less than a complete thought. It suggests the rest of the thought without speaking it. We assume that something follows it so strongly that this "sentence" functionally might as well be a dependent clause.

So, start with the complete thought and try to translate THAT. Also remember that the Klingon word order encourages ideas to come out more directly, rather than holding them like the punch line of a joke.

Qu'wIjvaD jIvumtaHmeH 'ej Switzerland vIDabchoHmeH jIpawta'.

lojmIt tI'wI' nuv
lojmIttI7wI7nuv at gmail.com