[Tlhingan-hol] O for a Muse of fire

De'vID jonpIn de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 01:23:13 PST 2011

QeS 'utlh:

> I'm still trying to work out the rest, but I can hear cha'wI'pu' 'oSjaj
> SuvwI'pu''e'
> in there, presumably translating "Princes to act" in the third line of the
> English version (and if correct, it gives us a canon word for "actor").
>

>From my notes, we had that line as:
<lut {ja'|cha'}wI'pu' {HoS chaH|'oSjaj} Suv'wI'pu''e'>

There's definitely a <lut> before the word that is either <cha'wI'pu'> or
<ja'wI'pu'>.  Both "story tellers" or "story show-ers" make sense, though
the latter works better for "actors".  We thought it might be <'oSjaj> as
well, however, the <-'e'> on <SuvwI'pu'> led us to guess that there might
be a pronoun such as <chaH> in there.  OTOH we had to explain the "o" sound
in "ozhazh".  It might be <HoS>, but then I don't think O'Reilly drops <H>
elsewhere (though he mispronounces it as <S>).

"Warriors are powerful story tellers/show-ers" or "May *warriors* represent
story tellers/show-ers" both make sense.